Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day From Oz


Found This At My Doorstep

After a whirlwind trip away to Brisbane to celebrate our 3 year anniversary, we decided to take it down a notch for Valentine's Day (only 4 days after our anniversary). I'm glad Dave still made the effort to make a girl smile.



Dinner at Opium Den
Heavenly Beef & Yum Pu Nim (Soft Shell Crab Salad)

I received three red velvet coloured roses (symbolising our three years together) and a box of Lindt chocolates. We bought a bottle of Pinot Noir and went to Opium Den, our favourite local Thai restaurant to enjoy our favourite dishes; Heavenly Beef (spicy curry beef stir fry) and Yum Pu Nim (battered soft shell crab on top of a salad with tangy and spicy dressing). I got Dave to try curry puffs for the first time and he's converted.

Once our plates were cleared, I gave Dave his present: a card detailing all the things we love to do ranging from sleeping, travelling, making dinner plans and goofing around. Last year, I gave him whipped cream as a gag gift. We ended up using on this horrible pumpkin pie I made. This year he got cherries and chocolate sauce. Being the homey and humble couple we are, let's hope we can find some good vanilla ice cream to use it on.

We walked out stuffed, but very content especially with the $55 price tag. We took a stroll at Rushcutters Bay. There were so many couples on picnic blankets. It was the perfect evening. Cool breeze, sun setting, no mozzies (mosquitos) out.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and can share it with someone you love whether its family, friends or partner.


Let's Get Physical
Starring Shave

No comments:

How long have I been here?